Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Opps! x2 MYBAD (update 04/08/07)


Every ones doing it! Join the party!

Pretty soon there’ll be no one left to kidnap!

From the NYT


BAGHDAD, April 3, 2007

“An Iranian diplomat kidnapped by armed men wearing uniforms of the Iraqi security forces was freed here on Tuesday, Iraq’s foreign minister said, adding that he continued to work to free five Iranians held separately by American military forces and was optimistic that they would be released soon.”

Opps. Your Iranian? Not Iranian/American by any chance? No? Dam!

Well… ..can I borrow a couple a bucks till Friday? I’m holding this Baghdad family, I sure the cousin will pay; I can drive you to the embassy, but I got no gas…

(updated; April 8, 2007)

Opps! I guess I got this all wrong!

Instead of a joke it turns out it's another story about the shadow army working for the USA.

BAGHDAD, Iraq

Gunmen wearing Iraqi army uniforms seized an Iranian diplomat as he drove through central Baghdad, officials said Tuesday. Tehran condemned the abduction and blamed U.S. forces in Iraq.

One Iraqi government official also said the diplomat was detained Sunday by a special Iraqi army unit that reports directly to the U.S. military. But a military spokesman denied any U.S. troops or Iraqis that report to them were involved.
And Now after his release:

TEHRAN, April 7 (Xinhua)

The Iranian diplomat released this week after being abducted in Iraq said that he had been tortured by CIA agents, the official IRNA news agency reported on Saturday.
For some reason I don't doubt the Iranians statement about torture.

Why would that be I wonder?



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment