Monday, June 18, 2007

Under My Thumb

I couldn't help it, the tune just kept creeping into my thoughts...

..while I was trying to synthesize the unfolding mess in Israel/Palestine -- and considering the position Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas finds himself in.

He MUST accept any and all aid -- just as surly as he must retake Gaza from Hamas. If he does not act, he is de-facto, not the representative of the Palestinian people any more.

And this tune just kept creeping into my thoughts...

(From The Rolling Stones, Under My Thumb)

Its down to me
The difference in the clothes she wears
Down to me, the change has come,
Shes under my thumb
The lyric I couldn't help humming...

Its down to me
The difference in the clothes he wears
Down to me, Abbas has come,
Under Uncle Sam's thumb.

Abbas's enemy, Hamas, is funded by the Mullah's, which act as the social services/tax collection sector in Arabian society.

So now, our dollars supply both sides! Now that's how you run an empire!

A measure 8.7 political earthquake.

After shocks predicted.





mh

No comments:

Post a Comment