Saturday, September 19, 2009

Do YOU Want To Shock Girls? Add Inches?



No I don't, and I don't want to shock Women either.


And what would I be doing pulling down my pants in front of two young girls who appear to be under 18 years of age?

But this ad company thinks pushing this ad down my throat for the last two weeks will make me want to buy this product called Vimax Formula. So I thought I'd do some research on this new 'power' pill.

Here's the spiel at their website Pills Expert (pill-sex-pert; ya, I get it):

"Being a high class company, our team of doctors is always looking for ways to make a better product. Our latest achievement is a new Vimax Formula for better, faster and greater results. Instead of our old formula, the new one is more concentrated, that makes it possible to take only one pill per day instead of two and achieve even better results. Other companies make you take as many as 3 pills per day. This is ridiculous!!!. No wonder why we are rated #1."
The first line says it succinctly "Being a high class company...". Boy these guys have the best writers! Looks like a grade 8 education level to me.

Wikipedia article on Vimax says the stuff is being marketed by an "affiliate network" company based in Montreal. Affiliate network is an Aggregator company that clusters website owners together and packages the group to interested wholesalers.

Almost every site I browse these past few weeks up pops this same annoying ad, it's an indication of how hard the times are in the advertising revenue stream. The affiliate network promises websites owners half the total sales that happen on a click through on their site - a nice deal - and an indicator that the ingredients are worth very little.

I looked up Vimax in the FDA's (USA's Food & Drug Administration) Approved Drug Products website there was no result which I assume means the product was not approved by the FDA or they don't consider it a drug.

A similar search of the Canadian Government website ---> Health Canada ---> Therapeutic Products Directorate ---> Drug Product Database ---> Drug Product Database Online Query ---> enter the product name in the appropriate box (whew! - the ca.gov. sites are SO un-friendly) found no result.

Perhaps if I think it will work...


The ads Properties info:

Location: http://c13.cdn.net/wim/728x90/728x90_3.gif

Address: http://c13.cdn.net/go.php?q=wim/728x90/728x90_3.gif



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment