Monday, July 18, 2011

Reading Novels in Google Books

As part of my ongoing project to read more classic writing - and to demonstrate how many of those classics there are available in full at Google Books - I've embedded a portal to a novel I've just begun to read: "Crime and Punishment" by the great Russian novelist, Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky.



Note to Google: While 'in' the book, there doesn't seem to be a button to bookmark my place, or a way to send said novel, and the bookmark, to my Google Profile "Reading Now" list. I had to reverse back out of the book, back to the Google Books search of the novel, to find that button again. I think it would be of great value to civilization to have the button in the pages of the novel itself. ;)

Whoever owns the copyright of Dostoevsky's other great novel, "Notes from the Underground" - do you not see the irony in keeping the novel in only a 'Snippet View' at Google Books?



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment