Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Internet Baseball Scorecard 2013 Architecture


Starting in the fall of 2010 I started to teach myself how to write html; and to build a way of scoring baseball games on line and publish them for free via Blogger. It took me a long time to learn how to code a web page correctly - but this spring I finally gleaned how it is done properly. To internalize the knowledge, I produced a schematic of the 2013 version (see the image below, and check out the real thing at the link).

Websites are configured in 'columns'. Every element of a web page is held in Horizontal position within a column. Vertically they are held in place by either stacking elements one on top of the other; or via the html 'position:' tag.

In this production, the vast majority of the page is held in place by 'div' elements stacked into one of 13 columns.

The Game Notes area (default top left); the per-inning totals table; and the bench and pitching tables for each team are coded at the bottom of the html - and positioned over top of the columns.

Here's a schematic of the 'Internet Baseball Scorecard 2013' - that I produced with my computer's 'Microsoft Paint' program:

Internet Baseball Scorecard 2013 - http://internetbaseballscorecard2013.blogspot.ca/



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment